AAYT Accredited Yoga Therapist
For membership as an AAYT Accredited Yoga Therapists applicants must meet the AAYT Education and Practice Standards.
- use of the AAYT Accredited Yoga Therapist logo
- online listing as an AAYT Accredited Yoga Therapist
- Scope of Practice & Code of Conduct guidelines
- Continuing Professional Development tracking
- e-newsletters with Yoga Therapy news & events
- representation with affiliate organisations
- information on professional development opportunities, including Webinars
- advocacy and peer support
- eligibility to attend and vote at meetings
- eligibility to participate in the AAYT Committee of Management
- eligibility to receive discounts at AAYT sponsored events
$80 annual fee
Pathways to Accreditation
There are two pathways to achieving full AAYT membership:
1 - Successfully complete an AAYT Accredited Training Program
If you have completed an AAYT Accredited Training program please fill in the application form and then upload a copy of your certificate of graduation/qualification and a current First Aid certificate. This will be reviewed, and assuming all is in order, we will email you a membership approval and a link to pay the annual membership fee of $80.
2 - Complete a self-assessment
For this pathway you will need to provide evidence of training and experience against the AAYT Membership Education Standards and submit for evaluation.
Download and read the AAYT Education and Practice Standards.
Complete the AAYT membership application – self-assessment form and save to your computer.
Fill in the application form, and then submit your self assessment form.
Your self-assessment application will be reviewed and evaluated by the AAYT Committee. If you have met all the Standards, the AAYT will email you with instructions to finalise your application.
If the Committee believes there are Standards yet to be met, you will be advised. You are invited to apply as an Associate Member of AAYT while you obtain the necessary competencies for future application.
For more information please contact:
Membership Secretary Tricia Magee